Spicy yet sweet and tangy
This peanut satay is a deliciously creamy blend of peanut butter, tamari soy sauce, sriracha, lime juice and NKD Living Erythritol Natural Icing Sugar Alternative - it just melts into the sauce!
Plus, it keeps this bowl low-sugar is 100% natural and vegan, too!
Peanut Butter Satay:
- black sesame seeds, fresh herbs
- spring onion
- lime or lemon wedges
- Prepare the peanut butter satay sauce by stirring together the peanut butter, lime/lemon juice, Icing Sugar Alternative, sriracha hot sauce and tamari soy sauce until thick. Pour in 2 tbsp water to make a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cubed tofu to a bowl and pour over 4 tbsp of the peanut butter satay and toss well. Leave to rest for 10 minutes and keep the remaining peanut butter satay sauce.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions and prepare all the vegetables – steam the mange tout/sugar snap peas if desired until tender.
- To cook the tofu, heat a drizzle of olive or sesame oil in a large pan and add the tofu cubes so they don’t overlap (work in batches if necessary). Flip over the tofu cubes when golden and crispy and continue to cook all sides.
- To serve, divide the salad leaves between two bowls, top with the cooked rice, the golden tofu cubes, mangetout/sugar snap peas, radishes, cucumber and avocado. Top with some seeds, herbs, spring onion, lime wedges and the satay sauce.