Rice pudding is incredibly comforting and this one is great for anyone that's looking for a bedtime snack. Some ingredients such as oats, milk, pumpkin seeds and cardamom pods contain calming components such as Melatonin and Tryptophan. They help your body to produce serotonin which can aid sleep and relaxation. Today, we're sharing a recipe for slow cooker Sleepy Rice Pudding, with added ingredients for tastiness and sleepiness.
Sleepy Rice Pudding
- 80g Pudding Rice
- 30g oats, jumbo or fine cut
- 25g butter or margarine
- 1.2 litres of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 3 Cardamom pods -crushed
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
1. First grease the slow cooker pot with butter or margarine.
2. Add all the ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours.
3. Stir half way through.