So we've already talked you through the benefits of going organic (better for you and the planet for starters), now we're sharing with you some of our favourite organic recipes. Biona Organic is much loved and well-known brand here in Evergreen with over 400 products and a commitment to organic, ethical and sustainable food. They make it incredibly easy to cook up a storm with all manners of organic, vegan and vegetarian products. We've rounded up some of our favourite organic recipes to help you get started if you're going organic!
Our Favourite Organic Recipes
Biona 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are simple to make and they taste wonderful. Perfect as a lunchbox filler or an on the go snack! Have some fun and play around with the ingredients - add chocolate chips, sultanas, nuts or even sprinkles.
Makes approx. 12 cookies
- 120g of Biona Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 60g Equal Exchange Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 Organic Large Egg
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180c/350f.
2. Mix together all the ingredients.
3. Roll dough into balls and flatten to a cookie shape.
4. Place on baking paper on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins until golden.
Organic Vegan Spicy Bean Burger
These spicy bean burgers can be made using organic ingredients and are 100% vegan.
Makes 4 bean burgers
- 200g of Biona Organic Butter Beans
- 150g organic cooked, mashed potato
- Clearspring Organic 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking
- 2 organic fresh red chilies, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Evergreen Organic Paprika
- 1 clove of organic garlic, crushed/ or 1 teaspoon of Evergreen organic garlic powder
- 10g A. Vogel Herbamare - Original
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunita organic lemon juice
1. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add beans to the pan and lightly fry them for 1–2 minutes on each side, until brown and blistered.
2. As the beans are almost done, add the potato, chilies, garlic and paprika. Sauté for about 1 minute.
3. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and mash everything together well with a masher until you have a burger mix.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan over a low to medium heat. Use a tablespoon to lift the burger mix into the pan and flatten it with the back of the spoon to create a not-too-perfect disc roughly 5cm x 1cm.
5. Fry the burgers in batches for about 6 minutes on each side, until they have a nice brown crust. Place between two sheets of kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil.
6. Serve hot or warm with salad or a homemade dip.
This authentic Italian dish can be served hot or cold! Vegetarian and easy to make.
- 4 tbsp Biona Organic olive oil
- 1 large onion or Evergreen organic onion powder
- 250g chargrilled/roasted Mediterranean veg (we used courgettes, aubergine & peppers)
- 400g Biona Organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Biona Organic capers
- 1 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp evergreen organic raisins
- 350g Biona Organic fusilli pasta
- A handful of basil leaves
- Vegetarian parmesan or vegan violife cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until it starts to caramelise. Add the garlic for the final 2 mins of cooking time.
2. Add the mixed veg, tomatoes, capers and raisins. Season well with salt and pepper and leave it simmering uncovered, for 10 mins, or until you have a rich thick sauce.
3. Meanwhile bring the pasta to boil in salty water and cook until tender. Tip the pasta into the sauce, adding a splash of water if it needs loosening. Scatter with the basil leaves and a sprinkle of parmesan. Serve straight from the pan or leave to cool for lunchboxes.