Give your muffins a fruity and healthy makeover with some juicy oranges and cranberries. These two fruits are a perfect match and come in to their own at this time of year. These Cranberry and Orange muffins are also super easy to make and are the perfect lunchbox treat for the little ones. You can also freeze a batch if you're looking for healthy and handy snacks on the go! Read on for full Cranberry and Orange Muffins recipe.
Prep Time: 20 Mins | Cook Time: 20 Mins
- 25g Evergreen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 350g Doves Farm organic self raising flour
- 15ml baking powder
- ½ tsp Evergreen organic ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges
- 135ml sunflower oil
- 15ml demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with deep muffin cases.
2. Place the cranberries in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with the sugar.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Zest the oranges and chop finely. Stir the zest into the flour.
4. Juice the oranges and make up to 375ml with water. Mix the orange juice and oil into the flour and whisk together quickly.
5. Fold in the cranberries and sugar and juices that have been released. Spoon into the muffin cases (about 2/3 full). Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little demerara sugar and put into the oven immediately.
6. Bake until well risen and golden, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.