This easy Jackfruit Pad Thai is better than any takeaway and loaded with healthy ingredients.
Simply combine all the sauce ingredients, cook the noodles and jackfruit and then mix it all together.Easy plant-based goodness in less than 30 minutes.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp Biona Organic Tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp water to thin as needed
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 60g Biona Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 lime, juiced
For the noodles:
- 1 can Biona Organic Jackfruit in brine OR Biona Organic Chilli & Lime Jackfruit
- 1 packet of Biona Organic Asia Noodles
- 1 medium carrot, spiralized or thinly cut
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, green parts only
- handful of of peanuts
- handful of coriander
1. Heat the oven to 200c.
2. Cook the noodles according to pack instructions and place to one side.
3. In a small bowl combine tamari, rice vinegar, coconut sugar, garlic, ginger, water and red chilli flakes.
4. Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Shred the jackfruit using two forks and then squeeze out any excess liquid. Add 2 tbsp of the dressing and mix well. Spread the jackfruit on a lined baking tray and drizzle a bit of oil and toss. Place the jackfruit into the oven 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Add the peanut butter and lime juice to the dressing bowl and whisk until combined.
6. Heat a little oil in a large pan over medium high heat, add the spiralized carrots and pepper and cook for three minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add in the finished jackfruit and noodles along with the sauce and mix to combine.
8. Serve with green onions, crushed peanuts or cashews and fresh coriander.