Hawaiian Root Vegetable Vegan stew is quick and easy to make. For generations stew has been enjoyed as a winter dish and it has so many health benefits too. It is simply delicious and will keep you lovely and toasty on the cold winter evenings. The ingredients are carefully selected such as red onions, carrots, parsips, turnips, chopped tomatoes and beans and of course pineapple for that Hawaiian feel. Let your imagination run wild as the Hawaiian feel in the dish can make you forget about the dark evenings. Read on for the full recipe for this Healthy Winter Vegan Stew.
Healthy Winter Vegan Stew Recipe with a Hawaiian Feel
Prep Time: 20 Mins | Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp of organic coconut oil
- 4 carrots peeled, chopped & sliced
- 2 parsnips peeled, chopped & cubed
- 1 turnip peeled, chopped & cubed
- 1 fresh ripe pineapple peeled and cubed.
- 300ml of water
- 1 tsp of True Natural Goodness Organic Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of True Natural Goodness organic Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 can of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 block of creamed coconut chopped into chunks
- 1 can of organic mixed beans drained
- 1 handful of fresh basil chopped finely
- Some True Natural Goodness milled Chia Seeds or organic shelled hemp seeds as topping.
1. Fry onion in a large pot until translucent, add chopped root vegetables and stir.
2. Cook for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
3. Blend pineapple and water in blender and add juice to pot and boil then simmer for 20 minutes until veggies are semi soft.
4. Add tomatoes and stir then add creamed coconut and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add mixed beans and stir. Leave for 5 minutes on simmer then reduce heat and stir in basil.
6. Serve on bed or rice or quinoa topped with toasted coconut flakes.
Why not send us a photo of you cooking or enjoying our recipe #evergreencooking