Use colourful vegetables to create an eye catching sushi for your friends and family.
You can use white or brown sushi rice, fill it with colourful vegetables to make your very own mouth-watering sushi.
- 190g Clearspring Organic Sushi Rice - Short Grain Japanese Style Rice or Clearspring Organic Sushi Brown Rice - Short Grain Japanese Style Rice (if using Brown rice, please follow instructions on pack.)
- 300ml Water
- 2 Tbsp Clearspring Organic Sushi Rice Seasoning
- 2 sheets Clearspring Japanese Sushi Nori - Dried Sea Vegetable (Toasted)(contains 7 sheets - resealable pack.)
- A few strips - roasted red peppers or fresh peppers
- a couple of blanched asparagus
- 1/2 riped Avocado
- Clearspring Organic Japanese Sushi Ginger
- Clearspring Organic Japanese Yaemon Tamari Soya Sauce
- Clearspring Japanese Wasabi Powder (optional)
- Rinse the sushi rice in a bowl with water by gently stirring the rice with your hands, drain and repeat 3 times (or until the water is clear) then add the instructed amount of water and let the rice sit for around 30min or more before cooking on the hob or in a rice cooker.
- Prepare the filings while you wait for the rice to soak & cook. Wash & cut the vegetables into long match sticks and set aside on a plate. If you don't have any of the ingredients we have listed just be creative and add a variety of colourful vegetables available to you.
Rolling the sushi
- Place the sushi nori shiny side down on the sushi mat. Wet your hands and place the seasoned sushi rice and spread it evenly - around 1cm high - leave around 1 inch on the top.
- Place the fillings at the bottom and gently roll the sushi keeping the filling in place with your fingers. Roll firmly but do not press so hard as the rice will come out of the sides.
- Roll until you reach the end of the nori sheet and squeeze again.You can leave the sushi rolled in the mat until you eat it or remove from the roll and cut with a wet knife in to 6 or 8 pieces.
Once you roll one, you will be a pro! Practice makes perfect. Enjoy making sushi with your family, little ones or with your friends as a fun lunch or dinner party.