Looking for a chocolate fix you won't feel guilty about? Look no further than these healthy peanut butter brownie balls. They're loaded with nuts, dates and peanut butter alongside cacao for that yummy chocolately hit. So they're bursting with goodness! They're full of protein so a handy workout snack, or go great with a cuppa if you're after a healthy afternoon treat. Best of all, there's no baking required - just blitz some nuts, add them to the remaining ingredients and roll away. Simple as. Check out the full recipe for these divine peanut butter brownie balls below.
Peanut Butter Brownie Balls
- 200g Evergreen Almonds
- 2 tbsp True Natural Goodness Organic Cacao Powder
- 200g Evergreen Pitted Dates
- 3 tbsp Meridian Peanut Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Biona Organic Agave Syrup
Tip: If using fresh medjoul dates you will only need a tiny amount of agave syrup, or none at all.
1. Place the pitted dates in a bowl of hot water for 5-10 minutes - this helps soften them.
2. Remove the dates from the water and mix the dates and peanut butter together until the mixture resembles a paste.
3. Add your almonds to a food processor and blitz until they are as smooth or chunky as you wish.
4. Add the almonds and cacao powder to the peanut butter and dates and mix well.
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of agave syrup, depending on how sweet and moist you want them to be, and mix again.
6. The mixture should be a little sticky and roll easily into balls. Using your hand, shape the mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
7. For best results store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within a week – if they last that long!
Tip: Try swapping out the almonds for hazelnuts, or the peanut butter for almond butter!