Serves: 4 | Prep: 15 Minutes Cook: 15 Minutes | Ideal for: Dinner
Vegan Fajitas are such a good way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have at home. Feel free to be creative and adapt the recipe to what you already have! You can use carrots, sweet potatoes, aubergines, mushrooms, cauliflower and spinach to name a few, but have fun creating a slightly different fajitas recipe every time.
The key to making a vegan fajitas recipe taste amazing is to cook it with a mixture of Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, for that spicy, smoky and sweet taste, as well as adding tamari sauce, dried oregano and lime juice. Then simply season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serve your veggie fajitas warm with freshly made homemade guacamole, Gran Luchito Refried Beans and warm Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wrapson the side.
The refried beans not only help to keep your fajitas in place inside your tacos, but also add healthy and tasty protein, making these easy Vegan Fajitas a wholesome and nutritious meal.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste
1 lime (juice)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
400g of tenderstem broccoli (cut into smaller pieces)
1 bunch of spring onions (roughly chopped)
300g of green beans (cut ends off)
1 yellow pepper (cut into strips)
200g cherry tomatoes
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
A handful of coriander (roughly chopped)
1 sachet of Gran Luchito Refried Beans
1 packet of Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (for seasoning)
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, Chipotle Paste, lime juice, dried oregano, and reserve.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Once it’s hot enough, add in the tenderstem broccoli and spring onions. Fry over a high heat so that they get slightly charred, and once ready, remove them from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same frying pan add the green beans and yellow peppers (add a bit more oil if necessary) and sautee for a minute or two. Remove them from the pan and place them with the other cooked vegetables.
- Add the cherry tomatoes into the same pan and let them get a bit of colour. Add all the vegetables back into the pan, pour in the chipotle mixture, stir and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finally, add the beer and let everything simmer for a minute or two. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander scattered on top, and when ready set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the Refried Beans for a couple of minutes. Once ready, then set aside.
- In a bowl, quickly prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocado flesh with a fork. Add a bit of lime juice, the extra virgin olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix everything and set aside.
- Serve your vegan fajitas with warm Soft Tacos, guacamole and Refried Beans on the side. Prepare your tacos by adding a spoonful of warm beans into your tortilla wraps, then top with the vegan fajitas and a bit of guacamole. Enjoy!