Porridge oats are a quick and nutritious brekkie. But the oats can also come in handy for baking - great in everything from flapjacks and cookies, they also make a brilliant bread. This easy Porridge Bread recipe is as healthy as it gets and is sure to go down well with the whole family!
Easy Porridge Bread Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 1 Hour
- 400g Coyo natural yoghurt (one large tub)
- 350g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp Ecomil almond milk
- 2 tsp Doves Farm bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g Evergreen healthy seed mix (Pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, linseed)
1. Preheat oven to 180oC.
2. Line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
3. Mix the yoghurt, egg and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in the oats, salt and seeds.
4. Ensure the mixture is well combined. Place mix into the loaf tin.
5. Cut a line down the centre of the bread and sprinkle with more seeds.
6. Cook for 45-55 mins depending on your oven. Remove loaf from tin and return to the oven upside down for 5 mins (this makes it crispy all over).
7. Insert a skewer and ensure the inside is cooked before removing from the oven.
8. Allow to cool on a wire tray.
If you like this recipe, then we think you’ll love this Homemade Granola Bars Recipe!