If you're after a yummy snack the kids will love, these homemade granola bars tick all the boxes. They're a filling snack for both adults and kids alike when on the go - just pop them in a lunchbox. They're also a very handy treat to have in the fridge come snack time.
These granola bars have the perfect chew and the best part, they're not loaded with sugar. They're so easy to put together, you can even get the little ones involved! Plus no oven required, just pop them in the fridge. Take a peek at how to make these easy homemade granola bars below!
Homemade Granola Bars
Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time: 3 Hours
- 1/2 cup of nut butter such as one of the Meridian nut butters
- 1/3 cup of Rowse honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of a combination of sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, desiccated coconut, sunflower seeds, sultanas or mini dairy free chocolate drops. Mix and match according to your own taste preferences.
1. Take a medium sized saucepan and melt together the nut butter, honey and coconut oil.
2. Move the saucepan away from the heat. Add your cup of oats to the mix. Then add your cup of mixed seeds/sultanas/chocolate drops. Stir well.
3. Spread the mixture into a tray and put into the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
4. Divide up into bars and enjoy!