Many a household turned to banana bread in the midst of Covid lockdown. This tasty loaf had a serious moment with everyone whipping up a batch as a comforting snack. This healthy bread is really easy to make, has bananas galore (win) and is delicious with a cuppa so it's no surprise so many of us dusted down the apron. If you've yet to jump on the bandwagon, we've got a delicious and easy banana bread recipe worth trying.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time:60 Mins
- 220g Doves Farm self-raising flour
- 2 tsps barkat baking powder
- 100g Evergreen coconut palm sugar
- 3 tsps Evergreen cinnamon
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 75g rapeseed oil
- 50g Evergreen pecan nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Mash bananas and mix with oil and sugar.
3. Once mixed, stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Add pecan nuts last.
5. Bake in greased loaf tin for 20 minutes. Cover with tinfoil and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
P.S. If you're looking to sweeten it up a bit more, 70% dark chocolate works a treat!