Biona Organic have given hearty coconut curry a refreshing twist with the addition of mango; creating the perfect aromatic winter dish.
Serve with brown jasmine rice or fresh coriander and lime for an additional kick of flavour.
Serves: 3-4 | Prep: 35 Minutes | Cook: 25 Minutes
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
2 small onions
1 jar Biona Organic Tofu, pressed dry and cubed
4–5 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
1 can of Biona Organic Coconut Milk
175-225ml veg stock
1 large mango
3 tablespoons Biona Organic Coconut Aminos Original (or Soy Sauce)
1 lime, juiced
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small broccoli head, cut into florets
Biona Organic Brown Jasmine Rice
Spring onion tops
1. To press the tofu, place it on a tea towel and place a weight (such as a plate), on top. Leave it to sit for 30 minutes.
2. In a large shallow pan, fry garlic, ginger, onion and chilli over medium high heat until onions are slightly translucent.
3. Add in the tofu and pan fry until browned (around 3-5 minutes).
4. Add in the curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes (or until fragrant).
5. Add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Stir to dissolve the curry paste and allow the curry to come to a simmer.
6. Add in the mango pureé, soy sauce and lime juice. Add in the bell peppers and broccoli. Then, turn the heat down to a medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning by adding in more coconut aminos/soy sauce, lime juice, chilli and salt.
8. Serve with brown rice and top with coriander, chopped spring onion tops and lime wedges.