These delicious Gluten Free Bunny Biscuits are perfect to make with children and even better with a cup of tea.
Decoration is optional or simply decorate with a cute pastel coloured ribbon.
Makes: 24 (depending on size of cutter)
Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
Temperature: 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Equipment: bunny shaped cookie cutter, 2 x baking trays, 2 x mixing bowls and saucepan
- 175g FREEE Plain White Flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp FREEE Xanthan Gum
- ¼ tsp FREEE Bicarbonate of Soda
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- butter, for trays
- flour, for dusting
- 100g icing sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- writing icing, for decoration
- coloured ribbon
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Rub some butter around the inside of two baking trays or insert a baking liner.
- Measure the flour, mixed spice, xanthan gum and soda into a mixing bowl, stir to combine and sieve into another mixing bowl.
- Put the sugar, butter and syrup into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared flour and mix lightly.
- Grate the lemon rind into the bowl and stir again.
- Add the egg yolk and stir to gather together a soft dough.
- Dust the work surface with flour, put the dough in the middle and sprinkle it with more flour.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of 3mm/⅛”.
- Press the bunny cookie cutter into the dough to cut out bunny shapes.
- Lift the shaped biscuits onto the prepared baking trays.
- Gather the left-over dough into a ball, roll it out again and cut more shapes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the tray.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, add the lemon juice and stir to make a smooth icing.
- Spread the icing over the cold bunny shaped biscuits and leave until set.
- When the icing has set, decorate the biscuits with the writing icing.
- OR tie some coloured ribbon around the biscuits.