If you're looking to enjoy something sweet yet healthy, feast your eyes on this Chewy Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe. They've no added sugar at all - they get their lovely sweetness from raisins, banana and honey so you can enjoy them with your cuppa without feeling guilty. Here's how to make these yummy chewy Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...
Chewy Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 200g Kilbeggan organic porridge oats (80g blended into flour)1 Ripe banana
- 35g Evergreen organic raisins
- 25g Biona organic raw virgin coconut
- 3 Tbsp Beeactiv Irish blossom honey
- 1 Tbsp Linwoods milled organic flaxseed (mixed with 4 tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp Water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix the flaxseed and 4 tablespoons of water together and allow it to thicken up for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add 80g of the oats to your food processor and blitz until a flour-like consistancy is formed. Combine this with the remaining oats in a large bowl.
4. Add the coconut oil, banana, honey and water to the food processor and blitz again until smooth.
5. Pour this mixture, as well as the flaxseed and raisins into the bowl with the oats and stir until well combined.
6. Shape the mixture into cookie shapes and place them on the baking tray.
7. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies have turned a golden brown.
8. Leave to cool for 20 minutes to allow them to firm up.