Who knew sausage rolls could be so easy make? Make Biona Organics veggie versions for a delicious & wholesome snack or meal!
Serves: 48 rolls | Prep: 45 minutes + chilling time | Cook: 20 minutes
For the almond feta cheese:
For the sausage roll mix:
12g ground flax seeds
200g almond feta cheese (from above)
1 tbsp Biona Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
140g rolled oats
1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
For the sausage rolls:
1. For the almond feta, soak the almonds overnight. The next day, blend all the ingredients in a processor until smooth.
2. For the sausage roll mix, mix flax and water in a small bowl and allow to thicken.
3. Process the onion, parsley and walnuts until chunky.
4. Add almond feta cheese, apple cider vinegar, flax mix, breadcrumbs, oats and yeast and process until smooth.
5. Put mix in the fridge for an hour or two to thicken up.
6. To make the rolls, cut a sheet of thawed puff pastry in half, and spread 3tbsp (60g) of mix along one long edge.
7. Roll pastry around mix and seal with the milk.
8. Cut into six, brush with milk and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
9. Cook immediately at 210°C for 20 minutes.