If you're after a snack that's low on sugar, these banana berry muffins are a winner. They'll be in high demand come snack time for the kids (and cuppa time for the adults!) thanks to their lovely sweet berry and banana taste - a great way to sneak in some added vitamins for the little ones. Check out how to make these tasty and healthy banana berry muffins below...
Banana Berry Muffins
Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time: 20 Mins | Yields: 10 Muffins
- 300g Doves Farm organic wholegrain spelt flour
- 15g Doves Farm baking powder
- 175g Biona organic coconut palm sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- A pinch of Profusion Himalayan rose pink salt (fine)
- 1 large egg
- 225ml Ecomil almond milk
- 150g mixed berries (blueberries & blackberries)
- 1 medium banana
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, milled chia seeds and salt. Mix well and make a hole in the centre of the bowl. Add in the egg, milk and melted coconut oil. Stir well.
2. Add in the berries and chopped banana, mix until well combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake at 200oC-220oC for 15-20 mins. Enjoy!