Recipe: Biona's Organic Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Craving something chocolatey but not too naughty? Biona have got you covered. These fudgy, rich, dark chocolate brownies are the perfect decadent treat with a healthy twist, so tasty you'll forget they're good for you.
2 tins Biona Organic Black Beans, drained and thoroughly dried
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
200g dairy free chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (155°C fan) and grease a 20cm square pan.
- In a food processor or blender, add black beans, coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, and maple agave syrup, then blend.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Blend again.
- Stir in the apple puree
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the greased pan.
- Top with the rest of the chips.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting then cut into 16 brownies