Treat yourself with these indulgent Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
Top them with crushed candies for a satisfying crunch. Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract leads a flavorful hand in this sweet treat.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint bark chips
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Fold in dark chocolate chips and peppermint chips. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 48 hours. When chilled, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- By hand, roll dough making sure the balls are slightly taller than they are wide. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just set. Press a few extra chocolate and peppermint chips into the tops before they cool after baking.
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
If you like this recipe, then we think you'll love the recipe for 'Orange Blossom Marshmallows with Pistachios' using Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract and their Orange Blossom Water.