- 1 1/2 tbsp Billington's Unrefined Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g shallots, thinly sliced
- 125g Italian cubetti di pancetta
- 1kg brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- A large handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Heat some of the oil in a large pan, and add the shallots and pancetta. Sprinkle over the Light Muscovado Sugar and gently cook, stirring every so often, on a medium heat for a few minutes or until the shallots begin to caramelise and pancetta goes crisp and golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Cook the sprouts in a separate large pan of salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and briefly run under cold water to stop any further cooking.
Place the shallot and pancetta mix back onto a low heat, then add the brussel sprouts and nuts, tossing everything together. Season to taste.
When ready to serve, finish with a sprinkling of parsley.