Add an extra twist to the traditional Easter Hot Cross Buns, by making them into a Trifle using Biona's easy to follow recipes.
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 10 mins
- 8 hot cross buns, toasted and torn - click here to make these!
- 6 tbsp sherry, brandy or Cointreau
- 1 x pack of raspberries
- 1 x pack of strawberries, sliced
- 1 x pack of blueberries
- 8 tbsp Biona Organic Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 25og vegan cream cheese
- 8 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Whipping Cream
- 1 x 500g pot vegan custard
For The Topping
- 1 x 400ml can Biona Organic Coconut Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Arrange the torn hot cross buns in the base of a glass trifle bowl.
- Slowly pour over the sherry, brandy or Cointreau so that it soaks into the buns.
- Drizzle over the caramel sauce, allowing it to seep down between the layers.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Mix the whipping cream, vegan cream cheese, mixed spice and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spoon this mixture over the top of the strawberries and gently push to the edges using the back of a spoon.
- Add another layer of torn hot cross buns.
- Pour over the custard and swirl to the edges of the dish using the back of a spoon.
- For the topping, whip the whipping cream until light and fluffy and then carefully spoon on top of the custard in peaks.
- Scatter with the pecans and some fresh raspberries and blueberries to finish. Serve immediately or chill for up to 6 hours before serving.