We’ve already heard about how beneficial it can be to pump up the plant-based aspects of our diets – and here’s a simple, tasty way to eat more green stuff every day.
This super greens bread recipe takes broccoli, kale and spinach, and combines them with a scrumptious base of ground almonds and Lizi’s low sugar nut and seed granola. The result is a seriously nutritious and delicious loaf that really packs a punch – and it’s something you’ll be making again and again.
Preparation: 20m | Cooking: 45m
- 100g broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 100g kale
- 100g spinach
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g Lizi’s low sugar nut & seed granola
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line an 18cm x 12cm (or similar) loaf tin with two sheets of parchment paper cut to the width across each side of the tin and with some extra overhang on either side to help remove the loaf once it's cooked.
- Place the broccoli and kale in the large bowl of a food processor and pulse for around 10 seconds to break down into smaller pieces.
- Add the spinach and give it a few more pushes.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and process to get an even batter mixture. This shouldn’t take more than 30-60 seconds although you may need to stop and scrape the sides once or twice.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter into the loaf pan evenly. Give the tin a tap on the counter to make sure it's even.
- Bake for 40-45 mins. Check that a toothpick comes out clean and allow to cool for 30 mins in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Cut into slices of your desired thickness only once it has FULLY cooled. Very important. This also freezes well.
If you like this recipe, then we think you'll love our recipe 'Easy Porridge Bread Recipe: Simple & Delicious'.