Create the perfect Christmas scene with Biona Organics Gingerbread recipe.
Indulge in the warming notes of baked Gingerbread, the perfect activity for the whole family to enjoy on a cold, wintry day.
Serve with tea, hot chocolate or even warmed milk.
Serves: 15-20 minutes | Prep: 45 minutes | Cook: 12-15 minutes
175g Biona Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
85g Biona Organic Agave Light Syrup
100g Biona Organic Cocomega Coconut Spread
350g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from tinned chickpeas)
Ready-made writing icing
1. Melt the coconut sugar, agave syrup and coconut spread in a saucepan, then boil for 1-2 mins (making sure a responsible adult takes charge). Leave to cool for about 10 mins.
2. Tip the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices into a large bowl. Add the warm syrup mixture and the aquafaba.
3. Stir everything together, then gently knead in the bowl until smooth and streak-free. The dough will firm up once cooled.
4. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 mins.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge, leave at room temperature until softened. 6. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
7. Print out our Little Foodies templates from our website to make the shapes.
8. Roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin, then cut around the printed stencils with a knife (make sure an adult does this!).
9. Re-roll the excess dough and keep cutting until it’s all used up.