Biona's Healthy Easter Hot Cross Muffins
We're all for healthy spins on delicious classics, and Biona have whipped up just that, with these hot cross bun muffins - perfect for Easter! Double the flavour and none of the nasties of the shop bought kind, just good and wholesome ingredients that you can rely on.
- 180g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60ml Biona Organic Agave Syrup
- 80ml Biona Organic Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 80ml almond milk or rice milk
- 180g blueberries or finely diced apple
- 80g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (140°C fan). Line a muffin tin with cases.
- Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add olive oil, vanilla, agave syrup, eggs and milk. Mix through until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries or apples.
- Spoon into 12 large prepared muffins tins.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place the icing sugar in a small bowl. Gradually stir in the water to make a thick icing. Place in a small sealable plastic bag. Cut 1 corner off the bag to make a small hole. Pipe a cross onto each muffin and set aside until the icing is set.
- Serve and enjoy!