Calcium

  • Solgar Calcium, Magnesium Plus Zinc Tablets
    Solgar Calcium, Magnesium Plus Zinc TabletsSolgar Calcium, Magnesium Plus Zinc Tablets
    Add To Bag Add
  • Together Health Calcium
    Together Health CalciumTogether Health Calcium
    Add To Bag Add
  • Terranova Magnesium Calcium Complex
    Terranova Magnesium Calcium Complex
    Terranova Magnesium Calcium Complex
    Regular price
    €12.15 €20.10
  • Nature's Plus Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D3 with K2
    Nature&
  • Solgar Calcium Magnesium Citrate
    Solgar Calcium Magnesium Citrate
    Solgar Calcium Magnesium Citrate
    Regular price
    €13.95 €26.50
  • Nature's Plus Animal Parade Calcium
    Nature&
    Add To Bag Add
  • Terranova Calcium Magnesium Complex
    Bottle of Terranova Calcium Magnesium Complex
    Terranova Calcium Magnesium Complex
    Regular price
    €14.25 €23.45
  • MAG365 Bone Formula Plus Calcium
    MAG365 Bone Formula Plus Calcium
    Add To Bag Add
  • Solgar Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3
    Solgar Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3Solgar Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3
  • Floradix Calcium Liquid Formula
    Floradix Calcium Liquid Formula
    Add To Bag Add
  • Solgar Calcium Magnesium plus Boron
    Solgar Calcium Magnesium plus Boron
    Add To Bag Add
  • Floradix Saludynam
    Floradix Saludynam
    Floradix Saludynam
    Regular price
    €13.95
    Add To Bag Add
  • Terranova Chromium, Cinnamon & Lipoic Acid Complex
    bottle of Terranova Chromium, Cinnamon & Lipoic Acid Complex
  • Macanta Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3 & K2
    Macanta Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3 & K2
    Add To Bag Add
  • New Era No.1 Calc Fluor (Calcium Flouride)
    New Era No.1 Calc Fluor
    Add To Bag Add
  • Viridian Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc Powder
    Viridian Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc Powder
    Add To Bag Add
  • New Era No.2 Calc Phos (Calcium Phosphate)
    New Era No.2 Calc Phos
    Add To Bag Add
  • Viridian Calcium, Magnesium and Boron
    Viridian Calcium Magnesium and Boron
    Add To Bag Add
  • A. Vogel Urticalcin Silicea & Nettle Extract
    A. Vogel Urticalcin Silicea & Nettle Extract
    Add To Bag Add
  • Viridian High Potency Calcium & Vitamin D3
    Viridian High Potency Calcium & Vitamin D3
    Add To Bag Add
  • New Era No.3 Calc Sulph (Calcium Sulphate)
    New Era No.3 Calc Sulph
    Add To Bag Add
  • Nature's Plus Source of Life Garden Calcium
    Nature&
    Add To Bag Add
  • One Nutrition Ocean pH
    One Nutrition Ocean pH
    One Nutrition Ocean pH
    Regular price
    €22.95
  • Pharma Nord Bio-Calcium+D3+K1+K2
    Pharma Nord Bio-Calcium+D3+K1+K2
    Add To Bag Add
  • Nature's Plus Animal Parade Sugar-Free Calcium Children's Chewables
    Nature&
    Add To Bag Add
  • Higher Nature Super Calcium
    Higher Nature Super Calcium
  • Solaray Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3
    Solaray Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3
Calcium

What is Calcium?

Calcium is an essential nutrient in the body most commonly known for helping build strong bones. Calcium is the most common mineral in the body, with approximately 99% of total body calcium being stored in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is found throughout the body in blood and muscle.

What does calcium do for the body?

Calcium is essential for a number of functions, most notably healthy bones and teeth. This is particularly important as you age. It is also needed to help the body absorb other micronutrients including vitamin D and K, magnesium and phosphorous.

Calcium deficiency is most common in postmenopausal women, those who consume large amounts of caffeine, sugary drinks and alcohol and those with malabsorption problems such as Crohn’s disease. Bones are constantly being renewed, meaning it is essential you are consuming enough calcium to help keep bones and teeth healthy.

What are good sources of calcium?

Calcium can be sourced through a number of foods. The best sources include cheese, milk, yoghurt, almonds, brewer's yeast and dark leafy greens, but sometimes supplementation may be necessary.

Choose from Evergreen's range of calcium supplements

At Evergreen Healthfoods, we stock an extensive range of calcium supplements., available in many different forms including tablets, liquid, powders and capsules. Choose from our wide range of products hand picked by our fully trained team.

Free Delivery

If your order value is €55 or more, then delivery is FREE to any destination within the Island of Ireland.

Learn more about delivery
Free Shipping Icon

Click & Collect

Click and collect is now available in all eight of Galway based stores. Shop as normal, and select the Click & Collect option at checkout.

Learn more about Click & Collect
shopping bag icon

Health Advice

Our staff are on hand to offer guidance across our product range to determine what best suits your needs.

Need help?
Green leaves arranged on white background
Green leaves arranged on a white background